Well my conference started Sunday evening with some First Nations welcomes/entertainment and fantastic finger food and a glass of red wine. Yesterday, Monday, was a long day but managed to catch up with a few Australians I know although there's not many of us here! Caught up with Greg Denham who used to work for Vic Police, then QPS and Vic Police again - now he's working in Vietnam. Nice to chat to him again. The food at the conference venues (two first class hotels) is outstanding! Lucky I have to walk to and from each day a good eight (big) blocks! Today has been the law enforcement stream - interesting to hear from the US and Canadian perspectives. Just listened to an Australian paper - from Uni of Qld - funded by our unit. Stuart acknowledged the law enforcement funding which was great! The weather has been lovely and sunny although very windy yesterday and still very cool. Doesn't look promising for Saturday and Sunday unfortunately with more rain predicted!!! Great - I'm doing the tourist thing both days!
No comments:
Post a Comment