Sunday, May 28, 2006

More on Sydney



Had a great time in Sydney this past week. Work-wise, this conference was more worthwhile than the Vancouver one...so that's a plus. The weather was a bit more than 'fresh' it was down-right cold!!! We stayed in a great apartment hotel in Coogee (although we were a little worried on the first night when the planes sounded like they were landing in our courtyard - every 5 minutes) - it was right on the beach. First afternoon we spotted a rainbow - which we had to snap. I was staying with my work friend, Pam (also a scrapper) and her sister-in-law. Another work friend, Jenny, arrived later in the afternoon and after a glass of wine and nibblies we ventured out into the weather (rain, wind etc) to have a great Thai dinner (on the recommendation of a local ambo who eats at this Thai place EVERY night!!!).

As well as conferencing, I also caught up with my long-time school friend, Vikki - who is Danah's godmum. Her lovely partner, Chris, cooked us a yummy green chicken curry while we caught up. I also got to meet Oscar - their "baby"....see below! Always wonderful to catch up with Vik even though we don't get to do it too often these days :(


I also "made" time to visit the nearby Westfield shopping centre @ Bondi Junction - wow - is it huge!! Strolled around and picked up a few goodies to take home for the girls and did some serious window shopping!!!! Unfortunately no real scrap shops only one over-priced craft shop.

1 comment:

Sara Pearcy said...

Hi Amanda. Glad your SYD trip was more worthwhile. Love the rainbow photo. Mmmm... Thai food every night? I can only dream!!

Catch up with you soon.

xx S.