Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Things I've noticed!

  1. Pedestrians need to walk on the right hand side of the footpath
  2. There's limited alcohol outlets (compared to Australia)
  3. Very few McDonalds!!! Lots of Starbucks (coffee outlets)
  4. Prices listed DON'T include tax (gst)
  5. Lots of people live in apartments in the city - lots of Mums pushing prams in the neighbourhood I walk through
  6. Lots of people have dogs!
  7. Lots of smokers!
  8. From my 5th floor apartment over a busy street - I can see that lots of cars have sun roofs or are soft tops!! Seems strange given their climate???
  9. British Columbia (BC) has similar health care problems to Qld - ER waiting lists etc - so govt. throwing more $$$ at them although not enough! Has Mr Beattie been visiting here I wonder???

1 comment:

Alicia Barry said...

I find that the best part of travelling, is noticing all the things that are different. Hope you are still having fun. How are your feet?