Sunday, May 07, 2006

It Snowed!


Well I'm just back from Whistler - where it snowed today - I got SNOWED on!!! Well it was only really light but it was snow! Blogging this freehand - most blogs I've written out before hand - so will just be a quick update for now. Whistler is where the 2010 Winter Olympics are going to be held so there is already lots of activity (especially on the roads) in preparation.

A group of 17 of us, with the same tour guide as yesterday, Jack. A family from Mexico, a couple from the UK, Brazil, Orange NSW, South Africa and a lady from Boston USA. The two hour drive was broken up with a couple of stops including one to Shannon Falls.

I've never been to a world class ski resort before and I can't imagine what it would be like in winter!! They are still skiing up until 4 June @ the top of Whislter. I caught the gondola up to the top (6000 feet) - the gondola trip took 25 minutes one way!! This was were it was snowing still very lightly. I was with the retired couple from Orange for the trip up in the gondola and he'd skied NSW snow fields so could explain some things for me. Lots of snow boarders and skiers.

Weary tonight after two big days - so hoping for an early night and a sleep in tomorrow before I watch the runners in the Vancouver Marathon run right past my apartment and then visit Stanley Park & the Aquarium. I'll also be packing ready to head to the airport Monday morning! Thinking this will be my last post from Vancouver as my time at the Internet Cafe has expired tonight!

5 comments:

cardscraps said...

Thanks for the updates Amanda, sounds like you have had a wonderful time. See you soon.

Sara Pearcy said...

Don't you just love snow? I hope the aquarium is fun. See you very soon, I guess!!

xx S.

Anonymous said...

Hi, the place looks amazing, I am loving all the photos and all the news.

Be safe and catch you soon.

Sara Pearcy said...

Are you home yet? Are you home yet??

xx S.

Alicia Barry said...

Hmmm snow. Pretty, but so damn cold. You are getting some great photos.