
Thursday night I caught a bus to the end of Denman Street to watch the sunset over English Bay. I had dinner at the Pacific Crab Co. - it was upstairs with a balcony and it was warm enough to sit outside and watch the sunset while enjoying dinner. I lashed out and had a cocktail to start - a Mojito (Bacardi based) - see pic. I had seafood chowder and then tiger prawns and a glass of BC white. I walked back down Denman to work off the yummy food - first watching a busker working the crowd on the beach.
Friday the weather held out and I took lots of pictures on my trip to Grouse Mountain. There were 12 of us and Jack the driver. Two couples from Perth, a family from Ontario, a retired Ontario couple (who caught the train across Canada - more on that for Mum & Dad) and a young Korean man.
We went to a fish hatchery first - Dad would love it although the fish are a little small now but in Autumn it's a different story. We spotted a wild bald eagle across the gorge which I tried to capture in a photo but not sure they will turn out.
The Capilano Suspension Bridge was our next stop - the world's longest (137m) and highest (70m) suspension foot bridge and I DID it - crossed this swaying bridge to the other side and I have a certificate to prove it!!! They also have a tree top walk (which didn't sway as much) which was pretty cool.Our final stop was a gondola ride to the top of a still snow capped Grouse Mountain. The gondola ride wasn't as scrarry as I thought it might be - amazing views and only swayed a couple of times. I walked around in the snow (lucky i
t's still there this late apparently), watched two movies about the grizzly bears kept up there (unfortunately their display was closed as they get ready to move them into their summer enclosure) and saw the some amazing carvings. The tour guide gave me a personal tour to the bear enclosure - he knew I was really disappointed they weren't on view! We did see a chipmunk! Not much of a consolation. Think I'll have sore muscles after walking in the spring snow.
When we came back down the Mt saw three wild wolves - in a special winter enclosure - got some excellent photo's.
As I was back in the city by 4.30pm I decided to go and see a movie. Mission Impossible III opened here today so went to see that. Enjoyable but wouldn't rave about it.
Spoke to Peter and the girls who all sound good - looking forward to getting home in just a few days now.
Had my Urkanian meal last night (sitting next to a table full of plain clothes off-duty?? police officers - conversion sounded very similar to what I'd hear at work!!) - enjoyed my beef strogonof (sp??) and a BC red wine.




1 comment:
Love your wolf and the photo of the drink looks fantastic.
xx S.
Post a Comment