Saturday, July 08, 2006

What do you do.....

when you need a button for a layout and you don't have your button stash with you???? Zane, do you want to tell them or will I let the photo do the talking!!!

Had a wonderful day yesterday - thoroughly enjoyed myself - so much better than being at work. Big thanks to Lisa at the Scrapbook Cupboard (64 Siganto Drive, Helensvale) for having us! Lisa has a lovely shop, with a great crop area - so we're now talking about a Friday night there sometime soon.
Zane and Michelle were there but also got to meet Monica (Gizmo), Simone (Simmibear), Bronwyn (busybron), Tracey (tiddlypeep) and of course Lisa (gibsongang). We also had various family members there during the day too.


I finished off my Mojito LO and made a good start on a CJ entry (about my scrap room), Chelle powered through a number of LO's (can't wait to see them on your blog) and Zane did some great work too (including finishing off a DT LO with a button off her jacket!!!). Tracey whipped up a paperbag album during her visit along with finishing touches to a gorgeous tiny tiny album in a very small metal case!! Michelle has a group pic up in her blog if you want to check that out.

Came home in time to get ready for the Scrapbook Top 50 cyber crop - nice to "see" you there Alicia. I've only done the one LO for that - "Three" - using the great photo Sara took of Danah, Tara & I when we went to Wynnum recently (having trouble uploading it - will add in another post). Wasn't overly inspired by the other challenges this time round.

I've well and truly blown my "no shopping challenge" having bought a few "necessities" yesterday at the Scrapbook Cupboard (including some CherryArte paper for their comp) and again this morning by visiting the local haberdashery shops for fabric, ribbon and buttons. I just can't help myself.

Off to Kaye's place tonight to catch up with Sara, Leish and a few girls I've met through SAM including Jenny (up from Sydney) - think I'll just take my ATC's along and focus on chatting instead :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, sounds like your big scrapbooking weekend started great, like your layout with this post... What letter are they that you used? Rub ons? I like their style.

Look forward to seeing all of your other outputs from your big scrapping weekend.

I know how you feel about the shopping... although I went into to Lincraft today and only spent $3.50!
:)

Alicia Barry said...

Zane is so funny.

Michelle Jamieson said...

You have had a big weekend!! Hope the head is a little better.
Been to a Star book class today, with a few girls from my Yahoo chat group. Had never met them and all are lovely.
You weekend still isn't over....you've got dinner tonight with Cath!
Had a great weekend away with hubby. Better get an early night tonight I think.
Have fun!
Chelle XX