Sunday, July 23, 2006

Sunday night


Well after my "sad sack" post yesterday I'd like to thank all of you for your comments and emails etc. They did cheer me up :) Don't know why I didn't think of Sara's suggestion and find a nice bottle of red wine!!!

I've had a much better day today (yes, the family is talking to me again). We all went bike riding this morning which in itself was wonderful - we could all do with the exercise!!! Only down side is that I'm already aching all over - hate to think what my tush and leg muscles are going to be like in the morning. If that wasn't enough - Danah is playing basketball this term so we all went to the playground to practice basketball later this afternoon. Turns out Peter and I practiced basketball while the girls played on the playground equipment!!! It was actually really nice to be out doing something physical together (no rude comments please!!!). Took some pics too of course.

So now, not only will I be unable to walk in the morning but I won't be able to lift my arms above my elbows either!!!

How could I stay $hitty for too long with this lot??? Check out Tara ready to ride with her passenger - Tiger!

You might also notice in the background of Tara's photo, the mess our street is in ATM - they're curbing and channeling both sides of our small, no-thru street. Will be great when it's finished but what a mess in the meantime. We live in the Redlands.....guess why they call it the Redlands??? Yes, red soil - dug up and wet after showers all weekend and now showing up in various places throughout our house!!! Thank goodness the cleaner comes this week!!

Haven't done any scrapping to speak of today - other than try my hand at bleach stamping! Seemed like a good idea at the time to use bleach with my MM flower stamps to alter some card stock for a CJ entry. Not sure I'm really sold on the results!!! May have to make good use of pp to cover my bleach efforts!!

Heidi, our cat - is also taking up scrapping as the picture below highlights!!! She kindly positioned herself, somewhat precariously, on top of my scrap stash last night while I was scrapping! I knew it wasn't going to end well but had to snap some photo's first!! Luckily her dismount didn't cause too much damage to my supplies or computer!!!

Finally - I thought I'd include this photo I received in an email this weekend. Some of you who have mischievous children might be able to relate to it. I have shared it on the LSBS forum but after reading Jilly's blog - thought she and others might find this amusing (or not!!). (Well after adding this paragraph, blogger isn't going to let me add the photo!! Will have to keep you guessing until I can get it to upload!! Check back soon!)

Hope everyone has a great week :)

5 comments:

Sara Pearcy said...

LOL - without looking at the photo, I know which one it will be. A friend emailed a photo of some kids with something to do with paint.... will leave you all guessing anything further. Just wait 'til Amanda uploads it!!

I hope they finish your street quickly. It will be great when it is done. Hope you aren't too sore tomorrow, too!

xx S.

Unknown said...

Glad you had a great day - I don't envy you how stiff you'll be tomorrow though, I had that on Wednesday and Thursday after going to karate tuesday night for the first time in a month! I recommend a hot bath (a glass of wine wouldn't hurt either!)

Michelle Jamieson said...

Sounds like your family have taken you back!
Glad to hear you had a good time today. Will look forward to your post about the aching bones tomorrow.....:-)

Chelle Xx

jilly said...

It never ceases me amaze me at how forgiving family can be lol! Glad you're back! Can't wait to see the photo too!

Alicia Barry said...

Glad you are feeling better.