Last night I enjoyed an Italian meal at Ciao Bella - just on the corner where I'm staying. Noticed a couple from the flight from LA to Vancouver also enjoying a meal there - of all the restuarants! They had a real piano player and I enjoyed a glass of red with my lasagne and tiramsu. While the lasagne was enjoyable, it wasn't as good as mine!!!
Awoke this morning to two lovely surprises - a phone call (quick) from Peter who was trying out a new net based phone system that will hopefully save some $$$ AND beautiful sunshine! Warm enough for no jacket, hat, singlet or gloves. My apartment was actually too hot before I left @ 9.30am
Today I ventured out into the suburbs using public transport. It didn't start well - when I tried to catch the no.17 bus - right bus but wrong direction - thanks to the advice from the Japanese lady @ the tourist centre yesterday! Once pointing in the right direction, I was off. The suburbs don't seem all that well kept - the ones I travelled through - people of all nationalities. I realised I haven't seen too many fair skinned, blond/red heads in the areas I've been.
After getting off the bus alittle too early and having to hike a few blocks, I finally found the Scrapbook Warehouse. It claims to have BC's largest selection, if this is true I'm a lot disappointed. There were a couple of things I hadn't seen before but not much. The prices were marginally cheaper. All this aside, I did manage to spend a few $$ and got some goodies for some of my scrap friends @ home.
From here I decided to catch a different bus and not go back into the city but across to the second biggest shopping mall in Canada. The bus trip itself was an adventure when the driver (a trainee??) missed a turn and we ended up going some distance the wrong way before we could turn around (with a passenger directing traffic while we turned!!). Shopping centres/malls are the same everywhere I've decided although I think ours are better! I tried New York Fries for lunch (more of that 'orange' cheese) and then pounded the pavements looking @ shops and picking up a few more items to bring home. I caught the Skytrain to get back into the city - didn't have the energy to try and find the second scrap shop today. The walk from the city to my place seems to kill my feet more and more each day!
Not sure what I'll do for dinner tonight - maybe a curry. There are so many quaint, little restaurants to choose from within a block of my place - Asian, Italian, Mexican, Japanese, Pizza, French etc. I'm also hoping to do some work on my scrap journal tonight - have a few bits 'n' pieces to go into to it.
Just had a lovely chat to Mum & Dad who called to see how I'm going. Having trouble getting my emails through to Dad -will try again tonight.
Tomorrow I'm off to Victoria on Vancouver Island. It's a full day tour - 9am pick up and won't be back until 9.45pm - so won't get a chance to log on until Sunday before I go to the conference.
Off to check my emails now - 'til next post :)
All Made.X.Manda on Facebook Now
14 years ago




2 comments:
Wow it all sounds great, dramas and all. I hope your feet hold out. You'll probably pass the pain threshold soo, then you'll be right to go. Big waves to you from home.
Sounds busy but fun! You've certainly got some great stories for your travel journal!!
Don't you just love the orange cheese? It's a huge surprise when it is served to you on a plate as part of a salad and you put a huge forkful in your mouth because you think it's grated carrot!! But you probably haven't done that..... maybe it's just a 'Sara-thing' to do!!
xx S.
Post a Comment