Do you remember your first real 'boyfriend'/'girlfriend'?
Mine was probably Kenny Smithers in Year 7 (although I did like a boy when I was much younger and remember Dad telling me I hope he has lots of money....so I asked the boys father next time I visited if they had lots of money!!!) But I do remember kissing Kenny at school (not necessarily a pleasant experience - he was much too rough) and hanging out with him during lunch.
Why am I asking?
Danah (11) came to me tonight.....while holding the phone in one hand (she'd been talking to her friend Chenai for ages and ages and had even kicked me off the net to chat simultaneously to her online AND on the phone at one stage) to tell me that she has a boyfriend --- not just good friends as she'd previously mentioned. I had Chenai to thank apparently cos Danah wasn't too sure about telling us. Don't know what she thought we'd do......
Peter came in and we told him too!
Matthew is in her class, we asked a few questions, reassured her that so long as he was nice to her that was all that mattered (and that having a 'boyfriend' didn't interfer with her school work) we also mentioned that she shouldn't be pressured into anything just cause her friends or Mat wanted her to.
She was worried because he's shorter than her!!!! EVERYONE is SHORTER THAN HER - she's as tall as me already and I reassured her that it doesn't matter what he looks like so long as he's a good person (and the boys will eventually catch up to her in height .... might take a while but they will).
I was so pleased she finally told us....so scared that she has a boyfriend & all the joys & tribulations that brings with it.....then joked with her about wanting to get a photo of them together so I could SCRAP about it!!!
Will post tomorrow about our holiday week at Caloundra....lots to tell - it was fabulous (except for the minor hiccup of a tsunmi alert amongst it) - and I'll share a few pics....but for now....just had to share a special "Mum's" moment about my little BIG girl!
All Made.X.Manda on Facebook Now
14 years ago




4 comments:
Looking forward to seeing your photos of Caloundra, we used to holiday there when I was a kid (Golden Beach), then lived just north of it for 8 odd years.
Apparently my first boyfriend was at kinder, but I don't know that he was anything too special to me because I don't remember a thing!
Tell Danah if she waits for a tall one she'll be waiting a long time!!! I had to marry a shortie :)
Stand up straight and be proud of your height young lady :)
Look out Manda...it's begun! The rocky road of teenage years!! :)
Danah's comment of him being shorter made me laugh! I've always been short...didn't have that trouble.
As for my first boyfriend, it was Grade 4 and his name was Mark Hann. My first kiss was Grade 7, with a boy named Patrick Kissane. Wasn't real impressed with it either, to say the least!!
Chelle Xx
Welcome to the next stage!!! It is fantastic that she was able to tell you about her boyfriend. Shows that you have a wonderful relationship. Enjoy the ride.
Post a Comment