
Busy busy week...so what's new about that??!!
It was Tara's 8th birthday on Thursday - we started celebrating Wednesday night and our weekly dinner with my folks - pressies and cake.
It was Tara's 8th birthday on Thursday - we started celebrating Wednesday night and our weekly dinner with my folks - pressies and cake.

Thursday she opens her presents from us in the morning and took goodies to school to share with her class. She had choir first up and they sang "Happy Birthday" to her three times (with cha cha cha inserts) ie. "happy birthday to you (cha cha cha) happy birthday to you (cha cha cha) happy birthday dear...." you get the idea!
The plan for the evening was to have dinner at home and then take her down to get her ears pierced at our hairdressers - the girls didn't know about the ear piercing! I was unprepared for dinner (thought I had ingredients I didn't) so we ended up at Montezuma's first and then down to Cleveland for the big surprise - ear piercing time! She was so excited! It all went well - no tears this time and Tara didn't cry either!!! (I cried when Danah had her ears pierced at 8!!! She didn't - just me!)
Then to finish off her birthday week - we had four little friends come out to Sizzler for lunch on Saturday!
Presents at home, lunch at Sizzler, cake at home and some Sing Star to finish off the day!She loved it all!
In amongst all that - I had a crop at Scrapbook Etc on Friday night - with all the lovely 'regulars' and few new ladies! Left to right: Sara P, Miranda, Zane, Chelle, Sara N, me, Leanne, Renae & Brenda.One of the ladies I met for the first time was Leanne who's older sister did my wedding makeup many years ago (15 this year I think!). Small world! Chelle also realised after looking at Leanne's album that she used to cut Leanne's husbands hair when she was still hairdressing!
Wasn't a particularly productive crop - did make a start on the 3 8x8 albums I'm making for family overseas.
Saturday saw the launch of LSBS's latest addition - Digital scrapbooking! Check out the digi chat or shop for digi elements/kits etc. I downloaded the monthly freebie and did my first digi LO in absolutely ages - loved doing it actually. Used KSK Designs Digital Sample Kit Good Things .. Spun Sugar, brushes from Tasty Tattoo(Designfruit) and LSBS font - Dream Orphans.Might have to increase our broadband options if I'm going to get back into digi or our download limit will get reached way too quickly.
Today I hosted my first STampin' Up party...and had a ball. The lovely Ms Zane did a wonderful job and I hope everyone enjoyed themselves.
It's Sunday night - off to watch Grey's in a minute and try and get the rest of the washing done. REally don't feel like I've had a weekend this weekend - lucky we're off to Caloundra on Friday for a week....bring it on!!!




5 comments:
Happy Birthday Tara!
Great pressie Mum - getting ears pierced!!
Had fun on friday night, and feeling much better. I think I'm back to normal!
Chelle Xx
Sounds like a great week for everyone (if not exhausting for Mum). Glad all went well with your Stampin Up! do.
And as usual - that's an fab LO of DD No. 2, love the colours.
See you soon. :)
Amanda the Digi LO is a beauty!!!!
Cheers Louise :)
WOW YOU HAVE BEEN BUSY..AND YOUR LITTLE GIRL IS SOO LUCKY TO HAVE GREAT MUM LIKE YOU..LOVE YOUR DIGI LAYOUT TOO!!!
Sorry, I've not been here. Hope Tara had a really great birthday. See you soon
Post a Comment