It was on at the Schonell Theatre - at the University of Queensland (UQ).
Now I've been talking about us all going over there with our push bikes for a ride and we just haven't gotten around to it....but yesterday we had time to have a look around.
You see...I went to UQ when I was a fresh faced 17 year old - straight out of high school. I lived on campus (because we lived in Rockhampton at the time) and I lOVED it!!! Met some wonderful life-long friends and did what 17-20 year olds do while at uni......drink, party, fraternize, oh....and learn!!!
Now I've obviously been back to visit over the years since I left at the end of 1984 (omgosh was it THAT long ago!!) but yesterday I had the girls with me....and I was really emotional about it.
The production of Cats was great - the girls loved it - but my highlight of the day was re-living some old memories of my youth long gone!
To top of my nostalgic day.....Mum found this photograph of my brother & I (circa 1968?) which I can't wait to scrap....but had to share today :) Check out my gloves and THAT handbag!!! How cute is my brother??!!Cath has put better photos of my Sugar Cube on the LSBS Blog although they're not on the LSBS home page yet - should be soon.
Late last night made a start (sort of) on a calendar swap I have to do....but that mojo is still MIA.....




4 comments:
Glad you all enjoyed Cats! I still haven't seen it, so the girls are one up on me.
Love the pic of you and your brother...that little girl looks so much like Tara!! Who would have thought - pea out of a pod??
Chelle Xx
What a cute picture.
Love that picture of you and your brother. You look quite the little lady!!
What a cute photo, and I agree with Michelle - it looks like Tara in the photo.
Looking forward to seeing the pic in a LO.
Post a Comment