Saturday, April 28, 2007

More Calendars

I've had three calendars here this week for the LSBS swap....here's two of the three....still working on the last one.


I also have a final LO to share from the Mt Tamborine weekend of my lovely friend Ann - who's recently moved up to Rockhampton with work.




Funny story...printed off a sketch from Little Book of Sketches to take up to Mt T. with me to do this layout...but didn't check the print out with the original on screen. Did the LO...really happy with it...emailed it off to Cath for her to consider for use on the sketch site....only to realise that I'd missed a whole feature of the sketch in my printed version that I based the LO on ... opps! How embarrassing! Here's the sketch I based it on....can you see what I missed???


Mt Tamborine was such a hit with everyone who went that we're already organising the next one. This time we're off to the Sunshine Coast. I found this amazing huge beach house for rent and we're booked in for 16-18 November 2007. Hoping to get 15 scrappers along for another fabulous weekend. There's a couple of vacancies still left....check out the thread on SM Online if you're interested.


The Morans enjoyed a lovely Anzac Day...we didn't go to a service but will be next year (you'll see why in a minute). We did however go for a picnic bike ride down to Wellington Point. It was so busy down there....just as well we were on our bikes as car parks were very scarce! Poor Tara looks exhausted in this photo!

I ended up having Thursday at home with Danah (11)...big event in a young girls life happened and she wasn't up to going to school....so we had a quality day together....bonding time for Mum & daughter!

The other excitment for both the girls is we've got them into Guides....Danah is going to Cleveland Guides Friday nights and Tara to Brownies on Monday afternoons. Danah went last night and LOVED it....wanted to sign up right away and is keen to get uniforms etc ASAP. We've got a mother/daughter activity in two weeks.....ROCK CLIMBING....think I'll just hold the ropes. So next year...they'll both be marching in the local Anzac Parade. I'll have to dig out all my ol' Guide 'stuff' to show them.

Today has been busy with Danah back at netball, Tara swimming and I had another class to run at the House of Scrapbooking. A couple of the same ladies that did my first class turned up again today (thanks Rose & Gloria) and they made a start on some lovely tag books. Next class is in June...we're making a handbag box....based on the new Art Blanche from EK Success.

I also found a new local scrap shop today....Scrapbookers Realm...it's only been opened a few months so just had to check it out (bonus 15% off today yay!) ...will be back to visit again.

4 comments:

Michelle Jamieson said...

That was a BIG post...all caught up with what you've been doing.

Those calendars are just beautiful, and good to see you finished your L/O about "Ann". Too funny about the sketch...:)

Chelle Xx

BruganCampbell said...

My lovely work Amanda, the LO of your friend is awesome (love that folded over flower ;)) Another busy week for your family. Take care, have a safe trip tomorrow.

Helen Jolly said...

Great Calendars Amanda!
poor Tara does look a bit exhausted doesnt she
sounds like the girls will love Guides

Narelle said...

So glad Guides was a hit!! I really hope both the girls enjoy all te Guides has to offer them! Happy Rockclimbing!