I love beach holidays and the Sunshine Coast is a favourite - has been since I was a kid!
This year we stayed at Golden Beach at Caloundra - the southern end of the Sunshine Coast on the Pumistone Channel looking over the northern end of Bribie Island. Here's sunrise from our balcony.

The resort we stayed at had a great pool (with slide) that we used everyday - I was more than happy to lounge around the pool - reading & snoozing - while the girls swam. I even had a couple of swims (the pool was heated).

We also used the resorts kayaks - which we all loved (even though Peter had to rescue Tara the first afternoon as she got caught up in the current and was heading off into the bright blue yonder!!). We went kayaking about three or four times over the week. We also went bike riding - great bike path all the way along the water front and back the other way to a COLD ROCK ICE CREAM shop!!!!

We also used the resorts kayaks - which we all loved (even though Peter had to rescue Tara the first afternoon as she got caught up in the current and was heading off into the bright blue yonder!!). We went kayaking about three or four times over the week. We also went bike riding - great bike path all the way along the water front and back the other way to a COLD ROCK ICE CREAM shop!!!!
Plenty of take-away/restaurant options in the area including a fabulous Thai restaurant and we went back to a favourite Chinese restaurant one night. Started our week with the obligatory fish 'n' chips and also had awesome "works" burgers (from real burger shops not the "M" one!).

We spent a day at Australia Zoo - a short 20 minute drive away - luckily on the day of the tsnumi warning! Dad called just after 8am to let us know about it....I'd only just hopped off the net and someone had posted about it so I knew but wasn't too worried. Still....it wasn't a nice feeling - being at the beach with the possibility however slim that something could happen. As it was we had a lovely day at the Zoo (see family self-portrait above).
FAbulous set up....awesome animals and I was really impressed with the whole place. The girls had been before with my folks but Peter & I hadn't been. I couldn't get over the food at lunch...it was so fresh and generous and reasonable prices for that type of place! The elephants were awesome - we hand fed them & have the pics to prove it. Spent ages watching them frolick in the water at their enclosure as well. It was a tiring day - lucky we didn't have far to travel home and enjoy a cold 'beverage' on the balcony!

We spent a morning at Kings Beach....a popular Caloundra surf beach. There were life guards on duty and quite a few people. The girls and I spent an hour or so in the surf....exhausting but exhilirating at the same time. They also have a water fun park at Kings Beach which is great for washing the sand/salt off before heading home.
We managed to see one movie...."Meet the Robinsons"....not my first choice but anyway what can you do??!! I also read one & half books.....a couple of scrap mags.....and drank a few bottles of wine and/or cans of vodka pre-mix! Peter & the girls loved having Foxtel....the kids channel was never off I don't think and if I never hear the "spongebob squarepants" theme song again it'll be too soon!!!! I also tried my hand at taking some 'different' holiday photos - like this one. Can you guess what it is???

Well that's about it....we could easily have had another week up there....with lots of other things we wanted to do but didn't want to rush the whole time to get them done. Will have to save them up for next time!




6 comments:
Looks like everyone had a great time, certainly better than being at work! LOL! Great pics too. I await there LO debuts. :)
Looks like you all had a great time away. heaps of great pics to scrap, no doubt!:)
I loved Australia Zoo, too. It was a while ago though, Zac was only little and there wasn't any elephants. Might have to make a trip up there.....:)
Chelle Xx
Sounds like you had a fabulous time. Makes me want to take a holiday myself :)
So glad you all had a wonderful holiday! And glad you are back- we missed you!! Also really glad you escraped the tsunami threat- I was worried for you!
Glad to hear, and certainly looks like, you guys had a great time.
Ah the soldier crabs... it's not Caloundra without them!
Sounds like a really nice holiday Amanda....Australia zoo is the best, thats where i nearly got ran over by Steve Irwin on his motorbike....CRIKEY!
i love the soldier crabbs too...they are so cute!
Post a Comment