Monday, January 29, 2007

Unhappy Feet

Yep...even though I did put sunscreen on the tops of my feet - this happened!!!



The girls and I have had a almost perfect day @ North Stradbroke Island with Danah's friend Emmie & her Mum, Julie. A great way to spend our second last day before we start the school year.

We caught the water taxi over and went straight to their local beach near Point Lookout. We'd sunscreened up before leaving home but I must admit I was aware that we'd been out in the sun too long by lunchtime :( (we did re-apply throughout the day - honest!)


The water was soooo blue, the water sooooo clear & cool....it was perfect. Em had her young (11 weeks) pup, Rosie, with us too. Way cute.




I'm blaming my shoes for the 'damage' to the top of my feet. I've been caught out before with my feet, so made sure to lather up with the sunscreen, but I think my silly 'plastic' croc type shoes sweated the protection off before we got the beach!
After lunch we stopped at Brown Lake for a final swim before coming back on the water taxi - all sun-kissed and tired from our island day.
Took almost 200 pics - so I'm sure you'll see one or two in LO's sometime soon.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch, your feet look sore! And the t-shirt line on the girls! Damian went to the Big Day Out last weekend and you should have seen his t-shirt line (neck and sleeves!). You've been a busy girl, glad to see it's not all work though lately. Take care.

cardscraps said...

Ouch is right! Poor you. i hope they get better soon. I love the water pictures, it looks sooooo inviting!

Jo said...

Oww!!! Poor feet. I hope they feel better today. Have you tried Aloe Gel?

Jo.

Francine Burgess said...

oh my sunburnt feet are the pits...but the water looked glorious....how lovely for you all to spend a day in such a great part of our world...
cant wait to see the layouts

Anonymous said...

Hi there - I am a first time commenter on your blog and must say I love your work! I think half the fun of scrapping is seeing what everyone else is up to!I am also very envious of all that beautiful blue water, the sand, the sun, but not the sunburn!

Jenny
www.reallyjustribbons.typepad.com

Steph said...

ohh that looks like such a fun day love the pic of the girls on the way home!!

Narelle said...

How are the feet now Amanda? Are they feeling better? Can you still get your walking shoes?

BruganCampbell said...

Wow, Straddie looks so nice!

Remember that beautiful water once you have to go back to that four letter word . . . work.

Hope your feet are better and that they even managed to tan for you.

P.S. I like the colour of your nail polish!