Monday, January 15, 2007

Two more weeks

Yay..I've still got two more weeks of holidays...I never EVER want them to end! Unforunately I figure the money will run out about the time my holidays run out!!!


More positive news after my WW weigh in...lost another 1.3 kg - so that's a total of 11.6 gone for good!!! Mind you I've had a 'naughty' weekend (food wise folks that's all!!!) so I'd better get stuck into the exercise this week to make sure I keep losin'!


Dad, Peter, Danah & I ventured over to Rocklea to the fresh food markets Saturday after my weigh in and purchased a heap of fresh fruit and vegies. Found the stuffed olives I was looking for...yummo - green olives stuffed with feta. Also got green olives stuffed with sun dried tomato and plain pitted kalamata's.


Saturday night we BBQ'd with friends from school who are leaving to live in Blackwater this week. Very enjoyable night. Tracey put me onto the local Curves gym - gave me a guest pass to try it out. Heard lots of ladies raving (0nline) about this gym so keen to give it a try.


Sunday was the tupperware party - the champagne sorbets were very yummy...and as I didn't have to drive I managed to taste test a couple!!! Had a few laughs, sold a bit of t'ware and the lovely Sara is kindly going to have one too.


Sara also hung around long enough for us to have a laugh and sing a few songs on Sing Star - my new favourite past time. I'm slowly learning how to use it (set it up and get it working) - the family wouldn't show me how to do it....afraid they'd never get me off me thinks!!


Cath @ LSBS set the DT a challenge for our monthly cyber crop this weekend. Here's my LO - we had to do one about ourselves with some "interesting" facts - mine aren't so interesting as "random" (Danah's fav word atm).
The 'random' facts are:
· I have never had Christmas away from my parents.
· I’ve lived in 25 different houses.
· I knew & remember all four of my grandparents and one great grandfather.
· I was 41 before I went overseas for the first time.
· I left home when I was eleven to live with my grandparents (while our family lived in remote north Queensland).
· I have sleep apnea.
· I love riding pillion on very fast motorbikes.
· My brother introduced me to my husband.
The girls and I have had a very lazy day today - ventured out and bought Tara's new school shoes, sandshoes and casual shoes....this girl's feet just keep on growing!!! A relatively painless experience (financially and emotionally) given how scary shoe shopping can be at this time of the year!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats with the weight loss that is just awesome!

Hope the rest of your holidays are fun.

Michelle Jamieson said...

Sounds like the Tupperware Party was fun!
Your L/O was great. I found out a few things about you that I didn't know...Hmmm

Was a great night over at LSBS CC! Had heps of fun!! :-)

Chelle Xx

Francine Burgess said...

well amanda i think that layout is perfect..
and your going so well with your weight loss...congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay Amanda, 11.6 kilos is fantastic. keep up the great work. I'm not sure about Curves, but I go to Fernwood and love it. It's nice not to worry about some guy on the treadmill behind you looking at your butt (although at my age that's not likely to happen anyway!).