Saturday, June 17, 2006

Poppets

Well I mentioned the SAM challenge this weekend in a previous post and have done some more investigating - here's an article on ScrapJazz that's not bad at describing what they are http://www.scrapjazz.com/topics/Products/866.php. Apparently, poppets have their origins in witchcraft (the voodoo doll). But they can have positive spells attached to them not just painful negative ones????

I've been out today and purchased a few basics (bazzill etc) to tide me over BECAUSE I've just started a 20 Layout challenge with some of the ladies on the Craft Attic - NOT to buy any more supplies until I've completed 20 LO's. Now, to those non-scrappers reading this mightn't sound like much of a challenge but for a seriously addicted scrapper - who loves the shopping part as much as the crafting part - it's a VERY scary thing!!! I'm already feeling a little sick in the tummy at the thought of it.

The biggest challenge will be at any crops I go to during this time ... as I always tend to buy a few little goodies when cropping in a shop. I'm hoping to go to the Craft Attic next Friday and then Scrapbook City on the following Saturday. Be strong Amanda, be strong!!!! I wonder how quickly I can get 20 LO's completed!!!

2 comments:

Sara Pearcy said...

LOL - I'm doing this challenge too and I think that I will just have to complete 20 layouts before we get to Scrapbook City!!!

xx S.

Anonymous said...

Amanda

You are a much stronger person that me, I can barely go two weeks without buying something, even if it's just from Kmart or a discount store!

We went up to Redcliffe today so of course I had to checkout the scrapshops I found up there... well one was gone (now a paint shop, which is next to an adult shop!) and the second shop was good - 15% off storewide so even better.

Good luck with your 20 layout challenge.