Well I've been neglecting my blog a bit this week and I really should be in bed now (it's cold!!!) but thought I'd jot down a quick entry to wrap up my week and get ready for the weekend.
Had a fun day on Thursday - interviewing potential fire fighters!!! It's a tough job....but someone's got to do it!!! I've been doing these for a while (as the token female and external person on the panel) but this was the first 'lot' that actually had a potential "beef cake calendar" entry!!! No, they're not all like that :( All way too young for me to be interested in but no harm in looking !!! {I do taKE this role very RespONsibly} As we only interviewed four people I managed to get home in time to pick the girls up from school (after stopping to visit Ms Debra @ the Craft Attic on the way!!). So nice to get the girls from school - wish I could do it everyday!
Optus rang me the other day to say my contact had expired and if I wanted to sign up with them again I could get a new phone. Now my current phone is A-ok but Peter could do with a new one, so, being the loving, generous wife that I am - I went got a new one and gave HIM my old one!!! Well, it is "new" to him!!!!
Danah's mouth ulcers have FINALLy cleared up (had solids for breakfast today) BUT now Tara's coming down with something!! Went to bed tonight with aches & pains, fever etc. HOpefully she'll feel a bit better after a good nights sleep.
Had my hair cut on Thursday afternoon. My usual hairdresser has rudely LEFT the salon so I had to try one of the other girls. Wasn't very happy with the result and I must say I didn't feel very confident with her. She kept asking me "is this right??" I'm used to just sitting back and relaxing and relying on my hairdresser to "know" what to do to get my usual style. Suppose I shouldn't be too harsh on her - but her techinque didn't sit well with me. There are a number of other excellent cutters at this salon so might have to make a point of asking for one of the more experienced staff next time.
Hoping to have a picnic/bike ride with Megan, Tony & Madeline on Sunday down at Capalaba. Although the weather people are predicting rain so we've got a contingency plan to go to the movies if it's raining. Hopefull it won't be as Peter's hardly had an opportunity to use his new bike since we gave it to him for his birthday in May.
We, so much for a quick entry, I've been ranting for ages and still haven't mentioned any scrap talk. I have a CJ entry to complete this weekend and maybe a monthly competition entry. I'm not entering the SAM weekly crop this round - too big a committment - but they do have an interesting challenge for this weekend doing a LO with "poppets". Must google that to see what it comes up with!!! It's using photograph heads (or other 'parts'???) used with paper piercing. Don't think I've described that too well. If I find a good link I'll add it later.
Have a great weekend everyone!
Friday, June 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment