Thursday, June 29, 2006

Did you know ....

the Beatles arrived in Brisbane on this day (29th June) in 1964???? Well they did and there was a young police officer ensuring their safety at the Brisbane Airport while his wife of just over 12 months was giving birth to their first child - a beautiful, red headed, girl.....Amanda Elizabeth! Yes, that's me....welcomed into the world 42 years ago to the sounds of the Beatles!

I don't like to make too much of a fuss about my birthday - but have enjoyed emails, txt, online forum messages, calls etc from friends and family. Had a yummy dinner at Mum & Dad's last night. Had to work today but only until 2pm. We had morning tea and they gave me a scrap voucher to spend at Scrapbook City - woo hoo!!! - going there Saturday night for a crop and I'm sure a gift voucher doesn't count in my "NO SHOPPING CHALLENGE"!!! Pam made me a gorgeous bracelet in my autumn colours. Debra made a lovely card and scrap voucher. Megan also gave me a scrap voucher and a very funky card she made (see below). I got a lovely bottle of red wine, chocs & flowers from Sandy. Cath Black gave me champagne. Thanks so much ladies. My beautiful girls bought me soap. I feel very spoilt.

Peter, Tara & I went out for dinner tonight and then looked at microwaves (to replace my 20 year old faithful one that is on its last legs)! Danah is over at Straddie Is (Tara and I went for a ferry ride over there this afternoon to make sure she arrived safely) so she missed out on dinner out.

No bad as far as birthdays go!

3 comments:

jilly said...

Happy birthday Amanda! From one '64 baby to another!!!

Alicia Barry said...

Happy Birthday Manda. Big birthday hug coming to you tomorrow night.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great day!