Thursday, January 17, 2008

Finally...

Well it's taken me over four years of submitting, but at long last...with a new editor in place...I've had TWO layouts accepted by SM!!!

Can't believe it! NEVER thought I'd get in at SM!

Funny how it happened...they had a call out for junior scrappers (thanks to Cath at LSBS for letting us know about this) which I quickly emailed in a couple of both DD's LO's for and they were both accepted!! They thought it was great to be accepted by the ONE mag that Mum hadn't been published in!!!
In replying to their offer email I added a few of my LO's and said "can't blame a girl for trying!"....and two of the four I emailed in were accepted! Yippee!

I don't have to submit anymore...have conquered them all now!

No idea when mine or the girls LO's will be out but will let you know when we find out!

On another note...most of my scrap stuff is now out of my old scrap room and in the family room! Had a quick trip to Ikea tonight to get another bookcase to put on my desk to hold all the extra stuff I was just not going to have room for! Slowly getting there!
Have already 'created' in my new space...

A quick litte card for Susan at Scrap Chat...
My January entry for my Gratitude Journal (Scrap Chat)

Also want to congratulate my great scrappy & MSN mate, Megan, on being 'published' on the Scrap the Pets blog...way to go Megan (and Sun Ce!)

5 comments:

BruganCampbell said...

*insert happy dance here*. Woohoo! Well done to you and to the girls. So exciting. I can't wait to see them in the magazine.

And thanks for the congrats, (SC says thanku too).

Michelle Jamieson said...

Well, it's about time! So happy for you and the girls! :)

Chelle Xx

Julie said...

I found your link via 123...
Congrats! How cool to have been in all the scrap mags! Love your Journal and the colours in your summer LO's are brilliant!

Ruby Claire said...

Fab work here!
CONGRATULTAIONS to you and your DD's!
The Mag is out on the 9th i think of May :)
Thats what i heard from another friend of mine who has been accepted :)

tracey said...

wow -- congrats to you - you so deserve it --- must be the year for the "yes" email instead of the sorry not this time ....

oh and i want to see this new scrap space - pics would be good - i know you own a camera ....