Sunday, June 03, 2007

These boots were made for...

Danah (11) has got her way....and I've bought her boots this weekend! She keeps using her school trip to Sydney, Canberra & the snow in August as an excuse to buy lots of clothes etc and well....she just had to have boots! Quite like them and they are even my size...hmmm...maybe it wasn't such a bad idea afterall!

She had some exciting news on Friday after school. They've asked her to audition for the senior school Symphonic Band (she plays the Euphoneum - small tuba)....that's exciting enough as it is BUT the real excitement is that the Music Tour next year is to ......CHINA!!! OMGosh....how awesome would that bE! Previous years the music tour has been to north Qld or Victoria but there's an international (invitation only) music festival every year in China that the school has been invited to attend!




Friday was also big for Danah as she made her "promise" at Guides and is now a 'proper' Girl Guide. It was a lovely ceremony even though the candles/matches didn't cooperate. I also participated by giving her my promise badge from when I was a Brownie. Tara will get my other badge when she makes her Brownie promise in a week or so. I've volunteered to help find some new compasses for the Guides before Danah goes on her first Guides camp at the end of June....so if you know anyone wanting to donate 10-12 good quality compasses to our District, please let me know!!! (think I may have got something sorted already - hopefully!)


















Tara's had a nice weekend with a little friend staying most of the weekend.
Bailey's folks run a personal training gym that Tara did a kids boot camp session with on Saturday morning (EARLY Saturday morning!!!) but she loved it and Bailey ended up coming home too!
Saturday evening Danah decided to give the 'little' girls a facial....so here's her efforts.


Even used the cucumber over the eyes (which Tara decided she'd poke holes in!!). All good fun!








Scrapping wise - Danah did a circle journal LO this weekend for a long running kids CJ - here's her "friends" entry.






I did my third LO for the Craft Attic Inspiration competition. You had to use "grow" in the title and the LO had to be about yourself with pic! I'd had a horrid day at work on Thursday so doing this LO was quite therapetic. The quote I've used is "I was born to learn, to grow, to expand, to love, to create, to enjoy, to see the beauty in all things including myself."




I also found time to do a LO for the June Cyber Crop at 2 Croppin Cousinz - an American site I visit sometimes. Did this LO based on a Elsie sketch challenge posted for the CC using a pic of Tara from first day of school this year.


I've been flat out judging for the big comp over at LSBS! The winners have been announced today....congrats to all who entered - the work was amazing and very hard to judge!!!

I'd also like to say a BIG congratulations to Alicia, Michael & Kyan who are expecting a new member of the family in December!! How very exciting - I hope the pregnancy goes well for you Leish!

6 comments:

BruganCampbell said...

Fab work and great LO Danah (and cool boots). And great facials Tara!

Sara said...

those boots look fab and so do your layouts as always!

Narelle said...

Welcome to Guides Danah, from one Guide to another. Congratulations on making your Guide Promise . I hope you have many happy years as a Guide! How special that you were able to share your badge Amanda!

Michelle Jamieson said...

Congratulations Danah, on becoming a guide!
Great L/O's Manda and Danah!

You've been tagged! :)

Chelle Xx

Sara Pearcy said...

Fantastic 'Grow' layout Manda! I've saved it to my 'examples' folder for future scraplifting, if that's okay!

Love the books, but WAY too old for little, baby Danah... I definitely think you need to snag them!!

Wow, the girls certainly pack a lot into their days, and seem to be having a ball doing it!

xx S.

Alicia Barry said...

Thanks Manda!


I love that circular photo on your layout. Keep visiting us at 2CC. I like seeing your work there.