When you get tagged and bear your soul to the world through your blog....you really should be very careful how you answer said tag! In my previous post, I revealed that I have a fear of, amongst other things, using patterned papers from different brands TOGETHER on the same layout!!!
Well over at LSBS we have been letting the 'punters' choose the design team challenge and the lovely, very talented, Narelle, KINDLY nominated my fear as the challenge!!!!!So here it is - my take on the challenge to use at least 3 different PP from different brands on the same LO!
Had a great time (don't tell Narelle) freestyling with the frame and putting together Fancy Pants, American Crafts and My Minds Eye patterned papers! And yes, that's Narelle on the left! Hi Steph on the right ;)
The challenge I set for this CC was to use the words to the lovely song "True COlours" as inspiration - you'll know the song from the current DOVE campaign.My DT example LO is of my youngest DD, Tara. Check out the other wonderful LO's completed as part of this challenge.
I must make special mention of Chelle's LO for this challenge as it has made my day!! Thank you so much!
I also set a digital challenge which I'm pleased to say a few people have had a go at. Digi's not for everyone....but I quite enjoy it for a bit of a change. Here's my take on this challenge (about my darling friend Sandy - who's been having a tough time lately) which was to use :Flowers - plural (more than one!)
Red - somewhere on the LO
Individual - use a photograph/s of ONE individual
Edges - do something to the edges of your page or photograph (maybe a brush/stitching??)
Name - I want to see the name of the individual somewhere on the LO
Drop shadow - use this feature (or equivelant in your software) on your LO
Speaking of friends - went into the Scrapbook Convention on this weekend on Sunday. Peter and the girls went to the Museum while I caught up with forum friends from SM Online and LSBS (Gypsy & Mum, Alison & Mum, Chelle & Kellie, Kerryn, Shannon, Kayla & Zane).
Lovely to meet in real life the lovely ladies from these two groups. Hoping to get us together SOON for a crop! Didn't spend up too much as I'd had a bit of a shop on Saturday at the Scrapbooks Etc sale! Megan has been at the Convention today working for Jude at Scrapbooking Top 50 - she had a great day too!
Up early in the morning to go pick up Mum & Dad who are back (already!!) from their first trip overseas! Can't wait to hear all about their OS adventures!




3 comments:
LOVE it!!! I wanna go back to lazy Moe's Mmmmm cake
Sorry for making you live out one of your fears!! But you did a great job with it- love the LO and you combined the 3 papers so well! Maybe next time we'll have to make it 5 PPs!!
Thanks for the "true Colours" challenge! It was my favourite from the CC!
Great L/O's...You have been busy!!
I'm so glad you liked my L/O from your "True colours" Challenge! It was a good photo and just seemed fitting! Glad I made your day!! :)
Chelle Xx
Post a Comment