Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Wonders will never cease!

After much discussion in the office and online about how Peter & I haven't......
celebrated Valentine's Day in years and years......
I came home today *yes I know it's a day early* to a lovely bunch of bought red roses! I think the guys at his work made him feel guilty (must thank them!)
He's always argued that he grows me roses throughout the year which is true (although the dry weather lately hasn't helped them too much) and I haven't got him anything (not even a card) in years either!
So now I've had to rush down to Woolies tonight and get him some chocolates to hide in his work bag so he'll find them tomorrow!
Had some wonderfully exciting news today at work - Pam- who's a scrapper too when she gets time, told everyone she & her DH Mark are expecting their first bub in August! I'm so thrilled for them! It's the first grandchild on both sides of the family so they are all super excited too!
I had an idea that she was pregnant but haven't said anything in case my intuition was way off again (like Jo & Bob's surprise wedding that wasn't!!!).
On the scrapping front....Monday was the re-opening of Debra's shop - The Craft Attic. She's moved from Carina to Morningside and I managed to stop in for a quick congratulatory visit on the way home on Monday. All the QPS scrappers had been in to see her - Pam during the day and Megan was there when I arrived! She's having her first crop night on Friday and may just have to take myself over there to continue the celebrations! She's in a great location on Wynnum Rd for all you Brisbane scrappers and once she re-stocks and gets her signage up I'm sure she'll do really well in this location as there's lots of passing traffic.

5 comments:

Michelle Jamieson said...

Oh...that was very sweet of Peter!

See you didn't expect it, and that makes it more special!

Congrats to your friend's new bubba. There seems to be a lot of babies at the moment.....

Chelle Xx

cardscraps said...

The flowers are goregous! I just love roses.

Its just lovely that Pam is expecting.

Thanks for the plug!

cheers
Debra

Sara Pearcy said...

Hey Miss Manda!! I've finally got around to blog surfing and I can't believe how much you have been up to!!

Love the roses - well done to Peter!

Congrats to Danah!!

Congrats to you still losing weight!! You rock!!

I just missed Pam at Craft Attic on Monday, too. Congrats to her.

xx S.

Alicia Barry said...

Beautiful flowers Manda, you lucky thing.

BruganCampbell said...

Those roses are soooo nice.

Yeah I'm going to be a Clayton's aunty - I'm so excited about Pam's bubby. I've already asked my Mum to knit some booties and to crotchet a blanket!

And also a big yeah that Craft Attic is back. :)

Have a great weekend.