Tuesday, September 19, 2006

What's all the fuss about?


I finally relented today and bought a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts @ Sydney airport on my way home. The girls were so excited when I got home with them but I think we were all a bit disappointed with them. I can't see how they are all that different to the Donut King goodies??!!! Anway - we can say we've tried them now!

I've had the best two days in Sydney! Started with the free red wine on the plane going down (seat mix up that I helped them out with). Got into the hotel (Four Seasons) about 8pm - king room with harbour views - not only did I have harbour views - but views straight out onto the Opera House and the Bridge!! Decided to celebrate with a cold white wine and room service - which was wheeled into me on a table (not a tray) - crisp white linen, gorgeous crockery and cutlery and the food wasn't bad either!!! Hopped into my massive king bed - white crisp white sheets and fluffy soft doona and feather pillows to watch the end of Idol and all of Robbie!!! I thought I'd died and gone to heaven!!!

I had a divine bubble bath - with classical music piped into the bathroom. The toiletaries they provided were divine too (bought the soap home with me!!)

The service, food and staff were all excellent - I never wanted to leave!!! The conference wasn't bad either - great dinner last night - more great food and wine! + a small gift each - a boxed bottle of wine! Did some general "networking" with a range of different people including a Salvo Army officer who I sat with last night @ dinner - he was a gas (although only drinking lemonade!!)

If I hadn't forced myself to go for a quick walk across the road to Circular Quay this morning - I wouldn't have left the hotel from Sunday night until this afternoon when we flew home again. I could definately get used to 5+ star service ALL the TiME!!!

Bad scrappin' mistake though - FoRGot my CAMERA!!! One lady said she went out and bought a disposable - her view was too good not to capture it on film!!!

Back to reality now.... just put a load of washing on...house is a mess..... dishwasher is sort-of packed ... and I need to get myself ready for tomorrow when I go on an Excursion to Chinatown with 80+ Year 6 (11 year olds) students with DD Danah (better pack some paracetamol!!)

4 comments:

BruganCampbell said...

Firstly - your motel/trip sounds great!
Secondly - you forgot your camera? I don't believe it!? You must have had too many other things to worry about that day.

I must say I had been keen to try Krispy Kremes - but now I think I can wait.

Ok, almost time for Spicks & Specks - I'm off! Catch up with you soon.

Anonymous said...

The hotel sounds lovely - although you seem to have drunk a lot of wine! Not like you Manda! LOL

Glad you liked it, my hubby is away this week, living it up in Melb. Think it'll have to be my turn next! :-)

Chelle xx

Anonymous said...

Wow Amanda sounds like a fabulous trip. Nothing like a bit of luxury to make a gal feel good. And I'm glad someone else feels the same about Krispy Kreme. I thought yuck as well - no better than Donut King. It's amazing when they first opened you would see so many people getting on the plane to come home with their silly boxes!

Oh and welcome back to reality. Nothing like dirty clothes and dishes to bring you back down to earth!

Sara Pearcy said...

OMG! I'm so stooopid!!! I was wondering why so many passengers coming home from Sydney had big pastry boxes..... I forgot SYD airport had a KK!!!! *kicking self NOW*

Glad you had a great time away and time to spoil yourself.
xx S.