Saturday, September 16, 2006

Let's Eat Cake

Danah's birthday bash was today and while I'm exhausted now - it all went well.

Slight hiccup this morning when Heidi (cat) was obviously unwell - so Peter and Tara rushed her down to the vet - came back an hour or so later with pain killers and antibotics (& a few $$ poorer)! The vet had to shave a small patch of Heidi and Tara came home with a clipseal bag with fur in it - ready for scrapping apparently!!!! Not sure about that!!!

We had one sleep over Friday night but Danah's other friends started arriving at 8.30am (three of them from North Stradbroke Island so have to rely on ferries etc to get to the mainland). We had the cake (jaffa's decorated by Peter) and then went to the movies after checking out the shops first. We saw "material girls" with Hilary Duff - wouldn't rush out and see it - girls thought it was ok. Shouted them KFC for lunch and then we had to rush two back to catch a ferry, take two home and then the rest of us went to school to watch a basketball game (pre-season NBL between Bullets and Crocs).

We finished the day off with pizza at a local restaurant - a glass of wine for me - now I'm ready for bed!

But no rest for the wicked - trying to get washing done etc and packing for two days in Sydney - leaving Sunday arvo! Looking forward to it actually - staying in the city in a swish hotel- all expenses covered - and I don't have to present at the conference so should be relaxing. Also looking forward to sharing my bed with Robbie tomorrow night!!! I'll be curled up in a big bed watching him on TV - Channel 10 @ 9pm!!!

Did you check out the LSBS cyber crop??? Enjoy chattin but haven't done ANY scrappin!! Did put up two trivia comps which was fun.

4 comments:

BruganCampbell said...

Hello, glad you survived today with all the girls!

I'm still working on the LSBS challenges and have almost completed my entries for SP CC. Both CC have been v.challenging particularly when I'm not 100%.

Have a great trip down to Sydney, take care and I can't wait to have Robbie in my lounge room on Sunday night too! ;)

cardscraps said...

I love the jaffa cake Amanda! Looks great!

have a great time in Sydney.

Anonymous said...

Have fun in Sydney!

Must be the weekend for Birthdays!

Happy Birthday Danah! Sounds like they had a great time!

Chat soon,
Chelle Xx

Sara Pearcy said...

Oh.... you were in Sydney? I just got back from Sydney last night!

Danah sounds like she had fun for her birthday.

Have a safe trip home!
xx S.