
Who can solve the mystery??? This little tool - which I "found" in Mum's old (unused) sewing box years ago. I use it to run around the edge of cardstock - dipping it in ink/paint every run up the page (see insert from my Cheeky Chops LO)...but I'm not sure what it's called or it's real purpose!!

To prove how old it is - it still has the price tag on it!! Pre-decimal currency (one and six??) and when MYER was called Myer's!!!Give me a correct name/role for it and then I can scrap it!!! LOL!
I seem to get a few visitors popping in BUT not leaving me comments - I'd love a simple "hello" just so I know who's dropping in and so I can visit your blogs too!
My mini retreat at the Craft Attic on Sunday was fabulous!!! Had a lovely day of chatting, scrapping, playing games and winning prizes (embarrassing actually). Donna did a great class for us making a flip box that I"m going to use later in the year as a "end of primary school" gift for Danah (eldest DD).
Debra was a generous and wonderful hostess - even if her bingo games weren't a hit!!! (I enjoyed the first one --- I won it!) I also won the lucky door prize, the first raffle draw and one other game!!! Came away with lots of goodies! Thank you Debra for a great day - it was lovely meeting all the other ladies! I'm looking forward to the next one :)
I also managed to do a couple of LO's. One's not quite finished (need to do the journaling) but did finish this one of Bazzill! (thanks for the arrow Debra) Love this photo. It's for a challenge @ 123's cyber crop.Poor Bazzill is in "hospital" today having surgery (which is why I'm home from work). He had a big lump on his head and his eye was swollen (as a result of a fight with another cat I'm assuming!). So off to the vet this morning....waiting....waiting....yep - surgery required! By the time he was sorted I decided it was too late to go into the office as I'd have to come home early to get him anyway! Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!
Mum and Dad are having a great time in Hawaii - got a phone call on Sunday night (Dad bought a $5 phone card so we could speak for ages). They both recovered relatively quickly from their flight so they could enjoy the "warm" sights of Hawaii! They were visiting the Pearl Harbour memorial and then doing an around the island tour before flying to Vancouver in a day or so.
Before I go - just wanted share another photo - this one of my big girl (house captain) Danah at Junior School assembly on Friday. Her (on the right) and Kate were doing an 'advertisement' for a competition they are running for the younger children during lunch time this week! I'm so proud of her!





8 comments:
lol..amanda that im pretty sure that contraption is a tracing wheel, used to mark fabric off patterns with carbon paper. But you sure have put it to good use.. Its not that i love sewing and know this but i do remember using them in highschool, yuk i hated sewing then..lol.
oops I am guilty of reading but not commenting so Hello!!
I'm going to see if I can describe that implement to my Mum, cause I'm sure there is something like it in my Grandma's stash (where I also got a heap of cool buttons/lace).
Love the LO of Bazzill! Hope you feel better soon Bazz! I hope I can call you Bazz ;)
Have a good week.
Yep, it's a tracing wheel. It's used for pattern making.
another vote for tracing wheel here :)
Yay! Tracing wheel it is ;)
Just checking in with you, Manda!! Sorry I've been so slack.
Yep, it's a tracing wheel, but I've seen it used, in scrapbooking, to mark sewing dots to sew on a layout. I think there is one in the old Making Memories Distressing Kit. ;)
xx S.
love your work:D I got link from the craft attic
Post a Comment