Wednesday, August 13, 2008

More Sewing

I've finished another "sherbet" bag for my GF in Mt Isa...went for more relaxed colours for this one!



Also made a 'Pyramid' purse with the left overs from Cath's birthday sherbet bag...of a few weeks ago. I'm calling it my "tampon" purse - as it's just the right size for a few tampons and pads to be kept safely in!!! The pyramid purse pattern is from Nicole Mallalieu and I"m quite pleased with how it turned out (considering I had to put a zip in!!!). I'm putting this into the prize pool for the Scrapbook for Guides crop this coming weekend.



I've also tried a tote bag this week---made specially to fit 12 x 12 scrap stuff in---for crops etc. Loved this fabric and have some more for other tote patterns to try soon too! Used Nicole Mallalieu's hint for covering my plastic base in this one too! Learning all sorts of new skills!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Amanda, you certainly are doing some good work with those bags. Hope to see some soon on Scrapchat Craft Exchange.

Michelle Jamieson said...

I'll second that, Gyps!!
I'm lovin' all your bags and your sewing. I so wish I could sew!!

Chelle Xx

Lexie said...

I wish I could sew too! Loving the bags!

Cant wait for Saturday!

Leanne Stamatellos said...

wow amanda!
I'm just amazed at these gorgeous bags - i love them all - you are making me want to get started on something like this but then again where will i find some more time - super fantastic!
I was thinking of you yesterday at the scrap day/night while I was working.

BruganCampbell said...

Your bags are amazing - another talent.

Hope your charity scrap day went well.