Friday, August 25, 2006

Teary Farewell


Don't know if you know this about me but I cry at the drop of a hat! (what sort of saying is that???)

Anyway...today we had a farewell morning tea for a friend retiring from work (eeekk - I have friend old enough to retire!!!). Rochelle (who's gorgeous granddaughter Sophie I scrapped some weeks ago) is finishing up in two more working days to join her hubby Peter at their farm near Inglewood. I get so emotional at things like this and as soon as she started to talk & get a bit emotional herself - I was off!!! Damn and I wore mascara today too!!!

Made a mini book for her send off "card" as we only had a limited number of photo's of her to use. I left the middle pages blank for everyone to sign. The K&Company Kology kit made it easy and I made it quite simple.

Have tried to get "into" two different cyber crops on tonight - but just not in the mood. Have quite a few projects, mostly little, to finish off this weekend so hope I find my mood soon! Although having said that I have been having fun putting together a mini box for a swap. Doing okay = having covered the outside, painted the inside and painted a HS ghost alpha for the monogram on the top of the box....then realised I'd painted a "M" inside of a "H" - doh!!!

It was book week at school and the girls 'dressed up' on Thursday. Try and guess what Danah was??? Tara was a marine biologist!!! (Hope I haven't told you in a previous thread!!!) Hint - her module ATM is nutrition.

5 comments:

Sara said...

The mini book looks great Amanda. I cry at the drop of a hat too so your not the only one.

I am guessing that Danah was cauliflower (I think I might be way off track but hey I'll give it a shot).

Hope you have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, that book for Rochelle is sooo nice. I didn't realise she was off so soon. All the best for her.

Good luck with all your scrapping projects this weekend. Me - I've only done Challenge 1 of the CC. :)

Michelle Jamieson said...

Hey Manda!

The book for Rochelle is georgeous! I'm sure she'll love it! I get a bit emotional at times...as women I think we all do!

I think Sara is right - Danah is a cauliflower? Not that I picked it..!

Hope you get plenty of odds and ends finished off. I have a basket in my Scrap room with a few of these in it too...I should get to it I think! You've inspired me!

Hope to make it to Alicia's send off on Tues, but will depend on DH and if he can pick the kidlets up from Daycare??!!
He's away at the Gympie Muster til Mon. Will let you know though!

Chat soon,
Chelle XX

P.s. - I've written an essay, haven't I?

ScrapManda said...

Sara wins a prize for a correct guess....she wins some cauliflower au gratin @ my next dinner party!!!

Sara said...

Oh what a prize!!! Now we just need to have a dinner party. LOL