Sunday, October 08, 2006

Another FuLL on WeeKEnd!

I need a day or two to recover from my weekend - well mainly yesterday!

Pam, Megan, Julie and I hit the road on our "annual" (well this is our second year) shop hop and crop day! (Photo's to follow later - blogger not playing nicely AGAIN!)

Last year we visited shops on the North side of Brisbane (the dark side???) - this year we headed further north to the gorgeous Sunshine coast....visiting Daisy Chain Scrapbooking @ Nambour, then My Scrappin' Shop @ Caloundra and then we stopped at Scrappido @ Landsborough. Slight hiccup there as the tour guide (namely me) hadn't checked her Saturday closing time properly...we rocked up at 1.05pm and she'd closed at 1pm :( Didn't slow us down...made an unscheduled stop at the Paper Addict @ Lawnton (back in Brissy).

Saw lots of very yummy goodies...bought some..but did try to restrain myself. Did get some new GinX & Urban Lily which I can't wait to use. Also purchased some CherryArte rubons which are pretty darn good - used them for the title/tags in the Happy Go Lucky LO below.

Stocked up we went to Julie's abode to crop the night away - only stopping for necessary refreshments!! See pic below! Julie lovely parents joined the fun as Sue is a scrapper too!!

I managed to finish a CJ entry (Simple Pleasures) and a LO for a sketch challenge I'd set on LSBS (Happy Go Lucky).

Sunday = and today I've spent some time with Danah & Tara (so Peter could watch Bathurst in peace). We did what any self-respecting group of "ladies" would do...after picking Nana up...we went ShoPPing (@ Carindale). Morning tea...wandered round the shops...dress shopping for Danah...very enjoyable!

Did manage this afternoon (between breaking up fighting daughters and doing the groceries) to complete another LO for my DT @ LSBS - which is a pic from a crop @ Scrapbook City in July. Hey Leish ... hope you don't mind .... but love this pic of you and Zane!
Getting good mileage out of my 3 Bugs in a Rug stash!!!

The girls are back to school tomorrow and I think Peter's putting in his notice @ his job...ready to take on a new challenge with a different company in a similar role. Mum & Dad are off with their van...to Bundy....for a month. And me...well....it's Monday so I guess I'll be back at work.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The north side = the dark side, no, NEVER!!

Love your annual scrap shop hop and crop. Sounds like great fun!!

Love your L/O's!!

Chelle Xx

Anonymous said...

Nothing beats scrap shopping with friends. But I always seem to spend way more than when I'm by myself.

Your layouts are just gorgeous. Love those 3 Bugs in a Rug papers - I'm also getting good mileage out of mine!

BruganCampbell said...

Yes, thanks again for a great weekend - can't wait for next year!! :)

Lovely colours on the LO of Zane and Leisa. Gorgeous.

Alicia Barry said...

Love the layout Manda. That was a good night.