Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Being Sick on holidays is no fun!

Had a yukky last week - came home after only an hour or so into our annual Chermside shopping expedition - feeling very sick! Ended up in bed from Monday until Thursday and still not feeling 100%. Kidney infection + horrid antibotics were no fun for the end of my holidays!


Scrap catch up ... (from before I was ill)

A couple of items from my Guest DT spot at Scrap N Craft with T ...

A birdie card...

And thank you card - http://tanyahpayne.blogspot.com/2010/01/step-by-step-thanks-card-from-amanda.html

Plus a LO ...
A layout using the top of a calendar from last year (that I lost in my stash) for a Scrap Chat sketch challenge
And the card sketch for Scrap Chat...



I'm also continuing with my journal for the weekly challenges at Scrap Chat. Week 3 was "the best part of my day" - which I made into a multi-choice question using very old slide mounts + an A5 page protection - cut in half and sewn back together.


Week 2 was about your "soothing" place --- and mine has always been water (usually the shower) but the beach/ocean/sea works well too. Had a fun play with the texture paste and paint for this one!


Making the transition back to work this week and getting ready for the start of another school year! Much excitement here as Danah starts at her new school and Tara starts Year 6 at Ormiston. I'm sure there will be photos to share soon on this event!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Oh Amanda that is definitely no way to spend your holidays :( I totally feel your pain... literally! I too am on antibiotics for a kidney infection but thankfully I caught it before I got too sick (just some pain). I hope you are feeling better now and that the return to work isn't too painful :)

Kim xx

Scrapping Down a Lane said...

Hope your recovered now Amanda... just had to comment on the water page.. LOVE it, it caught my eye straight away, love the texture paste xxx