Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Nitro Voodoo

This is NOT a scrapbooking post....well mostly not!

My brother (and Dad) has been involved in a drag racing Top Bike team called Nitro Voodoo. They have imported an awesome bike from the USA and have been working hard to get it ready to race here in Australia. This machine races down a quarter mile drag strip in 6.22 seconds!!!

They competed in their first race of the season this past weekend at Willowbank - west of Brisbane and we went along to support them. It's been years since we've been out to Willowbank (history...meet DH while he was drag racing in the late 1980's) and I thoroughly enjoyed it!!!

Photo's to share....

Chris - team owner and rider

The whole team (my Dad - team caterer - first on the left) and my brother, Andrew, third from the right.




At the start line...


Link to Nitro Voodoo website (under development)....

Finally, one scrapbook item...my Nitro Voodoo LO ;) for Scrap Chat's OLW "First"




3 comments:

BruganCampbell said...

Very, very cool! I hope your ears are all OK. Must have been a fantastic day out.

Fab LO too, have a great working week.

Michelle Jamieson said...

Really??
You met Peter at a drag race?? Well, that's incredible!!

I have to say...I'm a bit of a rev head too, although I like the cars...V8's are my fave!! I can smell that rubber!! LOL

A friend of mine was the fastest woman in Australia...on a drag bike...she was very famous in drag racing circles....retired now though, of course!! Iona Taylor is her name, or Twink to family and friends!! One VERY fast lady!!

Chelle Xx

Anonymous said...

you have used one of my crocheted flowers too. Looks great.
Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step