Monday, November 17, 2008

Wonderful Warana Weekend

Well Warana November 2008 has been and gone!

What a wonderful weekend! To escape from the everyday - relax, scrap, enjoy the company of some great ladies and have a few laughs! A huge thanks to Gyps for organising another awesome weekend!

I also got to do a Point Shoot Play workshop on Sunday with Mel and the lovely Sara (who I haven't caught up with in way too long!!! - can't wait to catch up again --- with Alicia too!). Learnt lots about Photoshop Elements and how to do things much easier than the way I've been doing!

Here are the results of the weekend!

Warana Sketch Challenge (my take on the sketch ;) )



Mystery Pack (Girl) from A Passion for Craft ... (with detail shot)




November 123 Monthly Challenge - (scary face photo, monochromatic, lace)




Stamp Shak Monthly LO Challenge (sketch - as exact as I get!!!)



LSBS Mini Christmas challenge #3 (non-traditional Christmas colour LO)



Scrap Therapy Monthly Challenge (colours from horse #11 in Melbourne Cup!!!)




My Inspiration Challenge for Warana - inspiration from your favourite coffee cup (my favourite mug/bucket below)






The first of my 2009 calendars --- for youngest DD's male teacher



LSBS Mini Christmas Challenge #1 --- OTP item as gift for someone (MIL's 2009 calendar)




Warana card sketch challenge



Stamp Shak Monthly card challenge



Extra Christmas card (that started out for the Stamp Shak challenge but evolved beyond the challenge specifications!!!)



A favourite part of Warana (for me anyway) is the opportunity to let loose with Sing Star! These two kept me entertained all weekend - sitting on the same table - the sweet Chelle and Lexie! Yes - Saturday night was wig night! (notice Tanyah & Sarah in the background) Don't have any pics of my stunning "head banger blonde" wig --- but I'm sure someone else will have one!!!



After our Point Shoot & Play workshop on Sunday we went down to the beach to witness the huge storm brewing (and heading towards us!!). A few of us stuck it out for quite some time in pursuit of the elusive lightening shot! I managed to snap this one. Think Sandy got a good one too!
The storm meant I had a hairy drive home Sunday night (with Chelle following) - through driving rain, lots of traffic and accidents! Finally made it home about 9.30pm!
Now we can start the countdown to the next Warana weekend in May 2009!!!






7 comments:

BruganCampbell said...

More wonderful work, sounds like another great weekend. Look forward to a few more photos to see.

I love your "Scary face" LO, that is funky!

Have a great working week.

Leanne Stamatellos said...

so many gorgeous pieces of art that you created last weekend - I love the photo of the lightening - great capture!

Anonymous said...

Wow to your layouts Amanda... all gorgeous xx and what a darn good lightening shot (glad you all arrived home safe xx

Sara Pearcy said...

ahahaahaha... love the "Photoshoot Disaster" one!! Great shots of the weekend & the lightning. As always, lovely to see you again too. xx S.

Tanyah Payne said...

awesome pics/ layouts manda! what a fantastic weekend we all had!

OH i do have a pic of you and lexie on my bog with sing star adn you and lisa with your beautiful/stunning wigs!

luv TanXx

PS. I have something for you on my blog !

tracey said...

oh my - you did all that and sung and shopped and cleaned up - and they are all beautiful - bit sad with myself that i did not do the cup challenge - i have an awesome cup - hope you have covered a little too Amanda... have a great week what is left

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Manda, these pics are great, especially the lighting one! I have saved it to my computer - didn't snap quick enough!!