Sunday, November 12, 2006

I like orange but..


Okay, I'll admit it, I've started having my hair coloured!! All these years, people ask = "Is that your natural colour" and I've always been able to say "Yes". But this year I decided to take the plunge and have a semi-permanent colour (to hide the grey hairs that no one but me can see).

I've had it done a couple of times and no one has ever noticed (and that's a good thing - the way I wanted it) but this time....well...I asked for a slightly lighter shade to get into the summer swing of things....and perhaps I shouldn't have. I should've stuck with the tried and true format of the past two colours. It is a touch "oranger" or brighter than perhaps I wanted!!! It's not toooo bad...but next time I'll go back to the previous shade I think.

I woke up this morning feeling lousy - sore throat and aches and pains....NO! I don't have time to be sick. Off to Toowoomba tomorrow with work...and I've so much to do before I go. Will get a chance to catch up with my good friend Ann and probably my great-aunt which will be lovely. Work is crazy atm - too much to do and not enough time. Home is crazy too - end of year 'stuff' - speech night this week on Wednesday which will be a relatively late night. No use complaining I guess - just get on with it! (Oh and give me the coderal cold and flu tablets - to soldier on!)

My weight loss efforts are going well - lost just over 2kg first week at WW. I've been walking everyday although haven't been today. My great scrappin' friend Zane (who's a WW leader) is giving me lots of advice and support as is the group on LSBS who are all trying to lose weight too. I've just about finished my weight loss counter LO - for adding prima flowers to for each KG I lose - thanks to Narelle on LSBS who sent us all our own bag of prima's for the # of KG's we hope to lose. What a lovely gesture!

Received an email from Jenny U with a link to a blog I hadn't visited before - an Australian scrap critic blog - very interesting reading! Check it out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. Your hair looks great. I have never noticed any grey. You are always so busy at work. Hope Towwoomba is fun. That sure is an interesting blog isn't it.

Anonymous said...

Grey, what grey? Hair looks great by the way!

Hope you are feeling better, and you don't feel to bad.

Congratulations on losing 2kg's. Well done...keep up the good work.

Chelle Xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Miss Amanda!! I haven't caught up with you for ages!! (I definitely haven't forgotten you, though.)

Congrats on the kgs. I hope it is all still going well. I've lost four this week with a nasty tummy bug.... I can send it your way, if you think it would help - lol!!

I have NEVER noticed any grey and love the lighter shade in the pic. You are lucky having red hair, even though you probably don't think so.

Take care on those walks!! Very dangerous indeed! My policy is to just have no exercise, then I'm in no danger - rofl.

That 'interesting' blog has been removed now. It got down-right nasty and it's a good thing that it went.

I'm away for a week, but I'd love to catch up once the kids are finished school.

xx S.